Friday, July 20, 2012

The Most Amazing Thing Just Happened to Me (Part 2 of 2)


So I was sitting on the bench on the front porch of my new house. Recently home from work I was enjoying the summer's warmth and looking at our cute new neighborhood and it's evening activities. The porch sits behind a railing covered in vined flowers, and the old architecture of the neighborhood brings life to the houses sitting behind their lusciously green lawns. As I sat on our bench, an old lady was slowly walking by with her dog, and I watched her pass and responded to her hello. My head was snapped back to center as I saw the most amazingly beautiful hummingbird stopped inches from my face.


It came from no where, zooming down and hovering roughly 6 inches away from me. I've known for some time now that the humming bird is my spirit animal, reminding me to fearlessly dance with happiness, displaying my unique colors proudly. The hummingbird represents a small female spirit, quick and ready, but respected as warrior in battle. For those who know me I am a deeply spiritual person, reflecting daily on the connection of life and eagerly studying how we move through it. I've found a connection to the Native American spirituality I have been awakened to as I explore my heritage. By concentrating on the attributes of your spirit animal it aligns you to their values and helps you reflect those attributes in your own life. I've been going through a rough time recently, a transition period from my youth to my adult life. It has not been easy, and there have been many battles to overcome, but I've been moving forward with the partnership of the love of my life. Still, emotionally it's been very tolling. This is what a spirit animal is supposed to do, come in and out of your life as you need to realign. I have never felt so connected to the universe.


As I sat on my porch, the humming bird zoomed in from out of my line of sight. At first I was shocked, unsure of what I was seeing. But it sat there, hovering at eye level 6 inches from my face, looking me directly in my eyes. The experience only truly lasted about 30 seconds, but it felt like much longer. I have not seen any hummingbirds at my house yet, I haven't seen one at all for months and months. But here, when I'm finally home, winding down from a long week at my new job, recovering from my recent surgery, just taking a breath to take it all in and keep pushing on, this is when I see my symbol of joy and hope. It startled me at first, because my mind was elsewhere and it was not what I was expecting. I half expected it to attack me, as aggressively and swiftly as it flew down and came to a screeching halt in my face. But it just sat there. And so I sat there, trying to calm my worry while simultaneously being filled with awe. I have never experienced an emotion quite like that. Staring at it's beauty, it's significance in my life causing my mind to whirl. This is what I needed. Thank you.

<3 Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment