Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Lulu's Introduction (Video Script)

Albert Einstein is often considered one of the most prolific minds of our civilization, for his scientific contribution as well as his extensive collection of philosophical and cultural observations. (Links for both can be found in the video notes) One quote in particular has served as a source of personal inspiration as well as a professional challenge.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.” - Albert Einstein


Now, I'm a Gemini and we're renown as the communicators of the zodiac. That's not to say I have all the answers, YET, but I'm never in short supply of words, and I'm on the right path by asking the right questions. I don't have everything figured out yet, but I will spend the rest of my life in the pursuit of knowledge, love, self-empowerment and growth. I've lived the first 20+ years of my life hard and fast, and I've come to peace with who I am as well as with who I've been. I know what I want, who I want to be, and I have my action plan to carry me there. With all I've overcome, I've adopted the mantra for myself and my company that, “You can join us, or you can watch us, but you can't stop us.” My measure of personal success isn't dependent on extreme financial gains, as I believe I will not be remembered for what I invested in my bank account, but for what I invested in people, and how their lives were different, and hopefully better, because of my existence. Since childhood, it has always been my goal to reach financial stability by provide for myself and my family without the necessity of my partners income. I'm not there yet, but I'm on my way, and I'm inviting you to follow my journey. I don't want everyone to think the way I do, but I want to take the lessons I've learned through my elders and experience, and leverage my unique talents and resources to teach people to think critically and empower themselves. And in the process, I'm using my blogs and company projects to chronicle the pursuit of my most magnificent dreams (TheLuluChronicles.com)

It has been through observation and historical education I've realized that traditionally institutions of power retain that power through a competitive advantage associated with the withholding of information. The internet and social media have changed everything. Though “classified” information does still exist, you can now run a search on YouTube to learn basically anything you're interested in doing. This shifts the paradigm of power from who owns the information to which channels are used to access the information. I want to be a resource, I'm passionate about so many things and I want to tie them together to bring people positive, fun, and humorous information in a designated “safe zone” where discrimination based on age, education, culture, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, or skin color is not accepted, and the vibrant mosaic of our diversity is celebrated together.

I believe its a combination of 3 things that helps us achieve. Motivation x Ability x Opportunity. Those born into privilege are often given the Ability and Opportunities to pursue their dreams, but without the proper Motivation those dreams won't ever reach their potential. Those born into significant disadvantages are often denied the resources and education needed to proactively act on their intense motivation to overcome. I believe by providing resources across the lines of advantage or disadvantage, I can help a variety of my peers and loved ones develop the Motivation to enhance their Abilities while creating the Opportunities to realize their dreams.

Back to the Einstein quote - “If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough.”

For the past 3 years I've been developing, beta testing, and laying the ground work for my own business, The Lulu Company, that would enable me to provide these resources and tools. It has been my challenge to take what I've learned and condense it into short and concise discussions capable of truly impacting my audience without the message being lost of misconstrued. This has led to my adoption of a 3 step process: Clarify → Simplify → Implement. Before you simplify you have to clarify to ensure no critical bits of information are lost, and those who want the in depth information have access to it. Then you simplify the issue by cutting to the heart of the matter in a way that's compatible with our generation's short attention spans. Then, you have to highlight how this information can be applied to our own lives. It is this critical step of internalization that takes information from something we're aware of to something we're willing and able to act on.

So this is just an introduction that I've put off for far too long trying to simplify everything I believe, everything I'm working on, and everything thats coming next into a digestible dialogue. From here on out, I will be dividing my content into 3 sections: 1 - Clarification, 2 - Simplification, and 3 - Implementation. So if you like what you've heard, please share it with your loved ones and your social media network. There is so much more coming. And now that the ball is rolling, there is nothing that can stop it as long as there is air in my lungs and blood in my veins. Thank you for your time and attention, check out the websites listed in the links, and have a remarkable day.  

The Lulu Company (Main): www.TheLuluCompany.com
The Lulu Chronicles (Blog): www.TheLuluChronicles.com
Lulu Marketing & Events (Social Media & Events): www.LuluMarketingandEvents.com
Digital J Productions (Audio/Visual Engineering): http://www.jskillzproductions.com/
Lulu's Looks (Fashion - Beta): http://luluslookstlc.blogspot.com/
Mum's Meals (Cooking - Beta): http://mumsmealstlc.blogspot.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment